Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Knitting

I only knit one thing for Christmas this year and I still ended up finishing it on Christmas Eve. What is it about knitting and Christmas deadlines?

I knit this out of Misti Alpaca (such great yarn) Chunky using a pattern I bought at Close Knit in Portland. They had a shop sample of the scarf knit with something else. I am always a a sucker for a pattern that has a sample knit up. I started knitting it as soon as I came back from the yarn shop and my husband mentioned that he really liked it so I said he could have it. The cable detail didn't show to the extent that I would have liked so I bought more Misti in a lighter color to make it again for myself. It hasn't been blocked in the photos.


I photographed it outside because it snowed here Christmas morning as we opened gifts. I NEVER remember that happening before. Admittedly, it doesn't snow much her anytime so it isn't that big of a suprise but it was pretty cool to see those flakes. Nothing accumulated on the ground but it was fun and pretty during the short time it lasted. When I see it in these photos and then I think about what I have seen on weather news it seems rather pathetic but still...it was OUR Christmas morning snow no matter how lame it looks now.

I am working on a cool scarf right now. It is making me crazy and I don't have it with me to photograph in progress but I am loving/hating it alternately.

Knitting resolutions: Knit a mile of stash between January 5 and February 19 (a ravelry challenge). Do something with fair isle (mittens, I think). No new yarn until at least April. Must knit from stash. Yeah, right.

1 comment:

YawnOver said...

Love the Misti Alpaca - such a dream to knit with. Your scarf came out great! BTW, what is the brown and blue yarn in your previous post? I'm looking for those colors for socks for ds.