Sunday, January 27, 2008

Finishing projects a go-go

I've been weaving in ends to, seemingly, no end. It has been been quite cold here and I had a passel of unfinished scarves and decided to finish them off so that I could give them to a friend who knows someone who works with the homeless.

Here in all of their finishedness are the five scarves. The two light blue ones were started and finished this week out of Lion Brand Homespun that I had left from an afghan I made for someone (2 skeins x 185 yard each! I don't think I will finish my mile, but I'm being quite productive trying). The electric blue one is every bit as bright as it appears. I think I bought the yarn on sale after Christmas last year. It is fun fur. The striped one is Paton's Soy Stripes. I loved the way this yarn felt in my hands working with it and I liked the stripes (see next picture) but this skein had two knots and one join. To me, in one skein, that seems like it should have ended up in a seconds pile somewhere. Not sure I would buy it again unless I heard from others that this is an anomaly in quality. The neutral scarf is an oldie I had a around that needed ends woven in. It is also Homespun. Just simple double crochets.



This is a picture of what I am working on now. It is a simple broken ribbing stitch (on a multiple of 4+3 K2 P2 to last three stitches which are K2 P1). I saw it it Crazy Aunt Purl's website and found some Lion Brand Suede in the stash and decided to go for it. It is certainly soft. Hopefully I will also finish this in time to distribute with the others.

Still hoping to do some blocking soon...

No comments: