Thursday, January 3, 2008

Japanese Vines

I've been working hard on a scarf called Japanese Vines by Michelle Molis. I bought the pattern about two weeks ago and I've been strangely monogamous with this project since then.

I have about 30 inches done so far and that is with a fair amount of ripping back. I finally started installing a safety line every time I finished with fifteen rows. I am still doing that even though I am a bit more comfortable with the pattern now. I am not quite sure why it is going so quickly. I think that it is a combination of the fact that I have had some extra time with the holidays when I am not working and also that this is the only think I have been working on.



Here is a closer shot of the stitch work. I haven't done lacework in the past so I am looking forward to seeing this "post-block." Prior to my buying-knitting-stuff-moratorium I ordered blocking wires so I can't wait to get this done and put those to use. I am making this with Cherry Tree Hill Supersock solids. My one fear is that my gauge is too loose but I figured it wasn't totally critical since it is a scarf. I just hope after all my work that the vines actually show up.

No comments: